As the impact of COVID-19 continues to be felt around the world, we hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe, healthy, and in good spirits. As of June 12th, our updated in-office hours are Monday – Wednesday- Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and working remotely on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If you have any questions, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 980-7714.
Despite all the challenges, our ability to continue to support our communities and the fragile connections children have with their incarcerated parents continues to be our utmost priority. Children of incarcerated parents need support now more than ever. COVID-19 continues to turn the lives of families, especially those incarcerated, upside down. Children with parents who are incarcerated already suffer from lack of resources and recognition, but even more so now.
While our buses are at a standstill this season, WE ARE NOT. We continue to find creative ways to connect our families. But we can’t do this alone. We need community partners, volunteers, and supporters. Please join us in helping children and families stay connected. You can make a donation or if you are an organization and would like to partner in our efforts, please email us at email@example.com.
Our response to programming in the midst of COVDI-19:
1. GOTB Stay Connected Kits – Allow’s incarcerated parents to stay connected with their children/families through letter writing. GOTB stationery, stamps, and envelopes are provided.
2. Videos Messages from children/families to their loved ones.
3. Summer Post Card: Families will send us a family picture with a special message, and we will create and mail the postcard for free.
4. Holiday Post Card: Families will send us a family picture with a special message, and we will create and mail the postcard for free.
5. We created a Community Resource page on our website, which includes information on food banks, COVID-19 support, CDCR information, and more.
As we continue to push through these trying times, we ask you to please join us in keeping hope alive for hundreds of children, families, and community members. Now, more than ever, our community needs us!
For Community and COVID-19 Resources, please click here.