Thank you to all our CIW and CSP-LAC families and community members who submitted videos of love and support for our loved ones on the inside.
Please stay tuned for upcoming available opportunities, which you will find on this page and our social media platforms.
Please click on the links below:
Family Video Messages
Despite all the challenges, our ability to continue to support our communities and the fragile connections children have with their incarcerated parents continues to be our utmost priority. Children of incarcerated parents need support now more than ever. COVID-19 continues to turn the lives of families, especially those incarcerated, upside down. Children with parents who are incarcerated already suffer from lack of resources and recognition, but even more so now.
While our buses are at a standstill this season, WE ARE NOT. We continue to find creative ways to connect our families.
YOU and your family can be a part of this wonderful project! Send positive messages to your loved ones. If your you or your family would like to participate, please follow the directions below:
What we’re asking from you:
- Families: An encouraging video message under 25 seconds to your incarcerated loved one so they can see and hear directly from you! This can be from one person or an entire family. This can be just a child speaking to their parent, or grandparents speaking to their grandchildren who are incarcerated. Natural messages of love and hope spoken from the heart!
Sampled Family Video
- Make sure your device is oriented in LANDSCAPE mode (horizontally, not vertically) – this is VERY important!
- Please keep your message content generic; use nicknames to refer to your loved one (i.e. mommy, daddy, honey, sweetie, baby, etc.) and don’t show any photographs of your family member who’s incarcerated.
- When considering lighting, it’s always best to be facing the light source rather than have the light behind you. (Don’t stand directly in front of any windows or bright indoor light fixtures).
- Incorporate signs so your loved one can see you/your family’s personalized message to him/her (especially if you’re uploading a photo).
- The video must be appropriate for all audiences, all ages.
- No offensive/vulgar materials or language.
- We welcome videos in multiple languages, including sign language, as long as a translation of the message is provided as text with the video submission.
Submit Your Video
Text your video: You can text your video to Liz Rios, Program Coordinator at (562) 716-5782
Gmail Account Users: If you have a Gmail account the link will prompt you to log-in to your account to complete the media waiver and submit your video. Please click here to begin.